The music of my soul...: My heart is glad tonight.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

27 September 2007

My heart is glad tonight.


I love my little munchkin. Every day, she makes me smile. She makes my heart glad.
I wake in the mornings to the sweet sound of babbling...an occasional cry for "Mawa"...and I enter her room to see a sweet smile awaiting. It's ok if a not-s0-sweet *smell* is also awaiting. I love the belly blowies that comes with a diaper change. The kisses and coos that are exchanged.
Then I get to feed her. Although she holds her bottle by herself throughout most of her daytime feedings now, in the mornings we get to snuggle. Sometimes she falls asleep again in my arms. My heart warms.
Soon it's time for breakfast. She sits in her little chair, mouth open, legs kicking, arms flailing, just waiting for the nummy breakfast surprise Mawa has for her! I fill her little belly and stuff the open mouth until she's satisfied. I am providing for my baby girl. And my heart warms.
Our day has just begun. The day is filled with heart warming. Little fingers learning to pick up bits of food. Bright eyes that discover a new toy. A smile that widens when Mawa walks in the room. A smile that widens even more when Daddy gets home. Right now her favorite is a little ball that shakes. Simple...her favorite. Her little hands can hold it. She loves it.
Right now she is so happy. She just sighed a big sigh. She's playing so hard- laughing, giggling, babbling, shaking her toys, cooing. It's 8:00- past bedtime. She had a late nap today. We're just enjoying our little princess.
Who would know she has just cut 2 teeth? She's precious.
My heart is glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela,
Can you believe that I am actually leaving a comment on your blog? I'm so proud of myself! I love the recent photo of you and Danielle. I can't believe how big Danielle looks. She has sure changed a lot since we last saw you guys at Warm Beach! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your little girl so much. Children are truly a gift from God. Who knew this tiny person could produce such huge amounts of joy? I hope your heart continues to rejoice!

Will we see you at Pastor and Spouse Retreat next week?

love in Christ,
Heather Scott
P.S. Tell Morgan that Steve says "hello"!

Angela said...

Heather!
I'm so glad you did!
We WILL be at Warm Beach next week and are looking forward to seeing you guys. How's the new house?
Morgan just spied Steve on xbox this week and so we were thinking of you guys.
We'll see you soon!