The music of my soul...: Pliers saved the day...kind of.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

05 October 2007

Pliers saved the day...kind of.

Today has been a day I do not wish to repeat. Such things have included a flat tire, a baby that just won't nap, a messy house (that I am still trying to figure out how it got that way), and my husband is away for the day. (although it just so happened that when I found out about the tire, he was nearby to help, which was totally GOD I know).

But probably the thing that bummed me out the most was that my escapades today found myself with my girlfriend, wielding pliers in such a manner as to try to pull a tiny little treasure out of my ear. Sound wierd? not really.
See, some women cut their hair after having a baby. Some go on a shopping spree. Some do a major makeover diet. Not me. I got my ear pierced again. It made me feel cute and young. I loved it.
It was a cute little gem in my upper ear. And I really really really loved it!
But then yesterday I woke up to pain and throbbing. Not so cute any more...my ear was infected.
I gave it a day, but by the next morning I knew I had to do something, as cartilage infections are not something to mess with.
So thankful for my friend Rob who saved my day and wrote me an antibiotic prescription, hopefully my ear won't fall off now.
But then he called back from his office and gave me the bad news, "Angela- you really do need to take it out."
Sadness. So together, Gretchen (his wife) and I tried to remove the cute little piece of trouble. But it wouldn't budge!!!! As we prodded and tugged and twisted and turned, I felt my ear growing by the minute- now doubly red and swollen from the irritation. It was too tiny, too slippery for even our little fingers.
So that's when the pliers came out. After several failed attempts at pinching my skin and twisting, we found the needle nosed pliers worked best and freed my ear.
So tonight, I am finding myself with an infected hole in my ear, a crying baby, a messy house, a car in the shop, and a homeless ear gem- while completely wasting time on the internet while eating Belgian Chocolate Cups- simply because it makes me feel better.
I think I'm going to cut my hair now.

2 comments:

Mommy Rader said...

awww Ang!!! I've had huge, red, swollen ears up there too from cute little gems...not fun! Tho, you got me there with the needlenose pliers!! Sorry sweetie :(

Erskine said...

Ang I love you!! You are so adorable! I'm sorry about the travesty of your cute ear gem. Maybe we should go back to our original plan :)

Miss you, friend!
Natasha