The music of my soul...: We are never alone
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

19 July 2007

We are never alone

Well...life just seems to fly by as usual. The MacPhersons are rollin' around like crazy this summer- it seems we're so busy. I thought life was supposed to slow down when you had a baby. Even though we've cut stuff out, it still feels like the only difference is now we're trying to juggle it all WITH a baby. Dani's such a good baby, though, she makes it easy.



I wanted to share this story that a friend forwarded to me. It is such a good reminder for us...then if you wanna know what's been up with the MacP clan...you can read on.


We are never alone,Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of passage? His dad would take him into the forest blindfolded, and leave him alone. He was required to sit on a stump the whole night...and not take off the blindfold until a ray of sun shone through it. He would be all by himself.He could not cry out for help to anyone. Once he survived the night he would be a MAN. He could not tell the other boys of this experience. Each lad must come into his own manhood.The boy was terrified...could hear all kinds of noises. Beasts were all around him. Maybe even some human would hurt him. The wind blew the grassand earth, and it shook his stump. But he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could be a man. Finally, after a horrific night, the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he saw his father sitting on the stump next tohim at watch the entire night. He was never really alone and neither are we. Even when we do not know it, our Father is protecting us. He is sitting on the 'stump' beside us. All we have to do is reach out to Him.
I love it when a profound truth is explained so simply.



  • Last week was our annual Bear Paw Festival in Eagle River. Morgan had a booth for The Refuge there, where teens could hang out on the couches, play foosball, etc. It was very successfull, but required long days. Morgan was there all day until 10pm Fri to Sun. I tried to bring him food all day so we didn't spend our life savings (which is tiny anyway) on the food vendors. Managing that while trying to care for a baby in and out of the pouring rain was a challenge...but it was exciting.

  • Sunday my mom played the banjo in church. She hadn't done that for a while. Brought back memories of the old days. ahh.

  • Dani's getting so strong. She's almost sitting up by herself now. She's been sleeping through the night more regularly now. YAYYYYYYYYY!

  • This week I took a temp job for a local Realty office in town owned by some people in our church. Working front desk...learning alot about buying and selling houses...and also learning that I am not a business woman. I feel too much for people...guess I'll make a good nurse. Call me the sugar momma this week though- bringin' in the moolah!

  • Next week I've gotta get serious about getting stuff done around the house. Kitchen floor needs a serious scrubbing...screens need cleaned...lots of organizing needs to happen. We've got friends coming in August and it's creeping up on me!

  • We FINALLY got a warm spell after having rain rain and more rain.

  • I can't decide what to do with my hair. I decided to cut it short one day..then Morgan says, "I think you should keep your hair long." Me: "Why's that?" Morgan: "Cause moms with long hair are hot." Guess that's decided. But still the question is...bangs again or no bangs? Keep the au-naturale boring brown or color it an exciting brown again? Then today I get a compliment that my hair color is pretty...and when I suggest to this person that i'm thinking of coloring it a richer brown, she says I shouldn't. So people's consensus is that I shouldn't do anything but I NEED to! I'm not happy with it as is. So, what's a girl to do? (vote on the right to help me!)

  • I'm gradually fitting back into my old clothes, but not as quickly as hoped. I still have a tummy pooch. It's ugly. I feel fat alot.

  • We're going to buy a new car soon. I think we've decided on a CRV. I'm so excited because I won't be stranded at home all the time any more. (we live in the country) Someone's lending us their car for a month right now though, so I'm getting a taste of freedom already. Ah- it's nice.

  • I can't think of much more right now. Maybe I"ll post some more summer pictures soon.

At This Moment:

Danielle is...enjoying a day at home with Daddy. (If Mommy hadn't gone home for lunch she might not have been dressed today. ;-)

Morgan is...trying to get work done at home while watching Dani.

I am about to...ring in a nice paycheck for a week's worth of work.
Today's reason to rejoice...We've had lovely weather this week.

Looking forward to...being back at home with my daughter.
Wishing that...we had sandy beaches in Alaska.

9 comments:

Maria Purviance said...

you said you feel fat a lot..well, in your pictures you look great! ty is almost ten months old now. i fit back into my clothes pretty quickly, but i do know how you feel about your tummy. i got some stretch marks too, so that never helps. i feel like my tummy is out of shape too, and there are lots of days i wish it was different. but i guess it could just be me thinking those things too..who knows. i guess that's all part of having a baby. but just to let you know, you look good.

Angela said...

aw, thanks Maria.

Unknown said...

It took me well over a year to get rid of that last 5 lbs. that sat on the front of me. I don't know why it was so hard - I had tried everything, but my body just wasn't ready. Don't stress about it Ang, you look beautiful!!!! And you certainly aren't fat.

My vote is to keep you hair long, I like the long bangs swept to the side on you. Maybe some funky highlights would do the trick for the change you are looking for.

BUT- I think we need just a head shot of you and hair so the consensus you receive is an educated one :)

Angela said...

Alright- I'll try to post a head shot this weekend.
I've thought about doing highlights again...but the maintenance is just not a cost I want to incur right now. We'll see.

I gained 30 lb. with Danielle and lost 20 right at birth...which has left me with 10 to lose. But for some reason, the scale says I've only lost 3 or 4 lbs. I think my body is re-proportioning itself or something b/c I am gradually shrinking...fitting into my old clothes again (not all, but many)...I think I've probably gained a pound or two of muscle, maybe more. I don't know!
I just can't wait to squeeze into those size 4's again. I guess I'm being impatient...not to mention...I got lots of stetch marks in the last month around my belly button, so now my tummy looks like an old lady's. oh well. morgan is sweet- says they're my forever reminders of the life I carried and created...when you look at it like that, it's almost a beautiful thing!
trying to be content with how God made me and has allowed my body to work postpardum,
Ang

Steph said...

hhaha! What is it with Daddies not dressing their babies? Whenever Ben's "in charge" (letting me sleep in...) Hana never gets dressed lol.

As for the weight, I know what you mean about repositioning. I had 5 lbs left after Hana was born and I'm now fitting in clothes that didn't fit before I got preg, but the scale is the same. I don't get it it.

Becky said...

I've never had a child, but as a serial babysitter I can say with authority that childcare builds lots of muscles (especially arms, back, and thighs) and in Biology class I learned that muscle weighs more than fat, so... it makes sense that clothes fit even though the scale says you weigh more. Try measuring in inches instead of pounds.

Dena said...

Oh, Ang. I agree, you look great! Not fat at all! But I completely understand. I only gained 8 pounds with Micaiah, so when I left the hospital I was already 15 pounds UNDER my pre-preg weight. But your body does re-proportion itself. It still took me months to get back into those old clothes. My belly didn't have fat on it, but it was saggy. And I also suffer from enormous amounts of stretch marks. Not to worry, though, you look amazing! I would kill to be in a size 4 (or six for that matter)!

Richards' said...

What part of Alaska do y'all live in? Can you email me? tinymommy81@aol.com

Becky said...

I thought of you today as I scrubbed the kitchen floor. It's the only activity on your "to do" list that we have in common. :)