The music of my soul...: 25...Quarter of a century...half way to fifty...
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

04 June 2007

25...Quarter of a century...half way to fifty...

So today was the first birthday I'd ever had where I wasn't excited about getting older...for the following reasons:

-It doesn't feel like I've lived that long. But I only have that much more to go until I"m 50, then that much more again before I could easily die! How sad that life is so short. (not that I'm not tOTALLY stoked for heaven).

-My twenties are leaving me. I'm on the downhill stretch now. The older I get, the less cool I get. The more serious I get.

-Men get distinguished with age...women's bodies become harder and harder to maintain. Mine (also adding in I just had a baby) is getting harder and harder to maintain.



For these three reasons, I haven't been excited about celebrating my birthday today.
Then my husband threw me a surprise party, and I"ve had lots of phone calls, e-cards, and facebook wishes from people. So thanks for making my day a whole lot more special. Here's some latest pictures.


So, Danielle is teething now. She's sticking anything and everything in her mouth to chew on. Her favorite is her fingers though. She's hard to get a picture of now, without sticking those fingers in her mouth!

Getting ready to go shopping for a dress for daddy's ordination!

Two of Danielle's big-girl friends, Malia and Claire, at Mommy's birthday party.

Hmm...if only i could figure out how to get my paci.



***sorry the captions don't line up with the pictures...couldn't figure that one out.

At This Moment:
Danielle is...sound asleep in her crib.
Morgan is...playing guitar hero.

I am about to...go to bed.
Today's reason to rejoice...Danielle has consolidated her nightime feedings into one at 4am!
Looking forward to...going to Seattle next week.
Wishing that...I could have seen my brother today.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My gracious, Danielle is beautiful!!

Happy B-day Ang...I think you're still gorgeous, you look amazing (like you didn't even have a baby), AND you're definitely still cool!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh you are way cooler than many of us Ang! And I agree with Elizabeth, you don't even look like you birthed Danielle just a few short months ago!

I love those first two pics of you and her together! SO cute! And of course that last one is priceless! She is just too much...so gorgeous!

P.S. I love your bangs grown out and swept to the side...looks SO good on you!

Angela said...

Did a little bug crawl in your ears and tell you exactly what I needed to hear? ;-) Thanks...glad to hear I'm still cool. geesh. And pictures might lie and hide the baby belly bulge...but atleast I don't look 9 months pregnant any more!
Kristi-well you may have just solved a quandry for me. I have been considering cutting my bangs shorter again...but perhaps I won't. I have wondered at times if this style looked good with my face shape, so thanks for the thoughts!

Richards' said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I am due October 6th.... but.... Gabby was 2 weeks early... so you just never know! But you have to wait a year anyway, so that the next one is born next October :)