The music of my soul...: Oh no
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

27 May 2007

Oh no

My daughter is starting to show her preference for certain entertainment. She prefers some toys over others. She likes certain games over others, certain noises over other ones. One preference, however, i'm not too excited about.

Danielle LOVES tv! I know this is probably normal. Babies like the lights/sounds/motion etc. Sometimes we sit down and cuddle to a good program. But then occasionally I get these flash images of Danielle turning into a couch potato, insisting on watching tv instead of playing outside. It is in those moments when I want to unplug the tv and throw it out the window immediately...but then I realize I might get in trouble when the husband gets home. And then the next day when I want my daily dose of Ellen while I'm making dinner, I might regret it.

Nevertheless, this picture tells the story. I was holding her into me the other day, making googly faces with her, when she all of a sudden realized what was behind her. She insistently arched her back and would not move! She was very pleased to watch the tv upside down. It was too cute, as she laid in this position for a long time.
(Shout out to Renae for the Berry Sweet shirt)



In other news, Danielle has decided that her thumb is not enough. She must indulge in the WHOLE FIST! Yes, every finger has a different flavor, didn't you know? Sometimes she gets it so far back in there she gags on it. So funny.


This is "Hi, I'm cute. But I'm really hungry...so can you stop taking pictures of me now and feed me PLEASE!!!"



At This Moment:
Danielle is...settling in for a good night's sleep on Daddy's lap.
Morgan is...holding Danielle- of all things- watching tv.
I am about to...wash bottles.
Today's reason to rejoice...we took a 2.5 hour nap after church!
Looking forward to...Morgan being home 2 days in a row.
Wishing that...Danielle were sleeping through the night by now.

9 comments:

Jo said...

hey ang, i liked hearing anecdotes like these along with the pics. gotta get a taste of that lil personality!

Erskine said...

It's so fascinating how quickly children's personalities and independence develops. I've heard it's quicker among females, but I had no idea! :) (Lynn)

Elizabeth said...

Hey Ang. I agree with Jo. I have nothing really to add just want to let you know that I stopped by.

Elliott Innes said...

She is absolutely adorable, and getting so big! I've even heard some parents say that when their kids grew up with the tv on all the time, they got used to it, and it was no big deal to them. They actually had decreased interest. But I'm not sure how proven this may be, or if simply anecdotal. I'm sure she won't grow into a couch potato if you don't let her.

Congrats on the long napping, and don't sweat it, sleeping through the night will come soon.

Dena (it won't let me sign in)

Maria Purviance said...

your little girl is so cute. you look like a great mom too.

Nicole said...

Hello...Olivia likes to watch tv too. We try to have one of those CD channels on instead of a show, but when I need a break I put her in her walker a ways a way from the tv so she can just glimps at a show when she gets bored of her toys.
We are flying out to California next month and are bring a portable DVD player. We are hoping that it will keep her attention for quite a while on the plane. We hope she doesn't get addicted..just kidding.
Good luck with trying to find a healthy tv watching balance.

Nicole

Julie said...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayer support that you and your church have given us

Julie

Julie said...

You may give that it the fmaioly in church. I don't mind

Julie

b.rando said...

gabe likes watching tv too, although his attention span isn't really long. we call him our little tv junkie.

i think it will be important as he grows older to really closely monitor how much tv he watches and how much. i'd much rather see him making up games or playing outside than watching tv.