The music of my soul...: Ok-here's a 20 FUN FACTS LIST
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

02 November 2006

Ok-here's a 20 FUN FACTS LIST

I haven't been inspired much as of late to blog or do much of anything on the computer, but Kristi suggested a Fun Facts List and I think it's a great idea.
Some of you I have known for years...some I got to know really well in college...and some I have gotten to know a bit better via blogdom! So if you wanted to know me a little better, here are some fun facts about me you may or may not already know:

1. I have webbed toes. It's hereditary on my Dad's side. My 2nd and 3rd are a little more connected than the "normal" toes. No, I cannot swim very well. Although I was shy about them as a little girl at school, over the years I have grown quite fond of my beloved webbies.

2. I'm notorious for rhyming things. It annoys some people, I know. But I just can't help it! I think it's a family thing. For example, everyone in my family always had a rhymed nickname. Mine: Angela Banangela. Blaine: Draino Blaino. Etc. Even now, I still do it. Since my childhood friend has married and had 3 kids in 5 years, I've dubbed her Fertile Mertile (even though her name is Jessica). I love phrases that rhyme. Such as "Okee dokee smokee", or "that's a sucky ducky". Got any new ones for me??? I'll put them to good use!

3. I AM Canadian. I AM American. I AM a yankee. I AM a southern belle. Think no one can be both? I'll prove you wrong.

4. I love tea parties. Ice tea in the south. Hot tea in the north. Get out your tea set, make crumpets or cake. I'm there. Oh- and- NO MILK IN MY TEA!

5. My favorite flowers are tulips. Although I love so many other kinds of flowers, and I go back and forth, I ultimately always come back to tulips. Any color really, but especially the dark ones! In my wedding bouquet, I had over 20 tulips put in, but they were a day late opening, so didn't show up as nice on my wedding day as the day after. :-(. The 3 lilies in the bouquet were beautiful though!

6. When I was a little girl, I always wished I was name "Diana". I wanted to look like Diana Berry from the Anne of Green Gables movies. I was determined I would name my little girl Diana. Now that the time is here, I don't think it's going to be Diana. But I still think the name is royally classy and Diana Berry is beautiful.

7. I have a love-hate relationship with my corny, silly side. I love who I am- the silliness my mother passed down to me. It makes life fun. Yet, I wish I was totally cool & classy. Like Audrey Hepburn. Yes, I would love to be Audrey Hepburn. Alas, I'm too silly.

8. I've had a crush on a boy for as long as I can remember. I can't remember a year of my life where I didn't have a crush on a boy- sometimes 2 or 3 at a time! Now of course, there's one boy- and it's a lifetime crush!!!

9. I think I'm the only one in the world these days who doesn't like Sushi. I've tried to like it, but I just can't make myself. I love to experience fine dining, but I can't get into sushi.

10. I've taken piano lessons since I was 3. Growing up, people always assumed I would study music in school and become a piano teacher. I rebelled and said no way- I would be a nurse. Here I am, with a degree in music, teaching piano, and now finally studying to be a nurse. Moral of the story: You can't ignore who you were created to be.

11. I have lots of scars from doing stupid things when I was a kid. Although I was not a tomboy and was as prissy as can be, as I got older, I wanted to be a tomboy and so I learned how to be one. As a result, it did not come so naturally to me and I broke skin many a time.

12. I have a huge extended family, and it just got bigger when I got married. My mom comes from a family of 10 kids. My dad comes from a family of 4 kids. Morgan's mom comes from a family of 17 kids. Morgan's dad comes from a family of 8 (I think). All of these kids have kids and many have grandkids. This makes for a HUGE family and LOTS of cousins! (NO- we are not going to carry on the "tradition")

13. I have been to every Canadian province, and every American state except for a couple of the mid-western ones. BUT, I've never been outside of North America. How sad is that?

14. I am a Sens fan. Morgan is a Habs fan.

15. Get out your Kleenex folks. I was born with a terrible fear of dogs. So when I was 5 or so, my parents got a puppy to help me get over this fear that caused me to scream whenever one came near reach. He was a cute Cocker Spaniel named Sandy. I quickly fell in love. One day, Brandon and I were playing outside and we saw him lying on the street. Sure enough, he was hit and killed. It was very traumatic for me and was my first experience losing someone or something I loved. We buried him and I remember the day vividly. Sandy did help me overcome my fear and we didn't get another dog for several years. In between, we had Toby the Turtle and Blacky the cat. The next dog we had was an Alaskan Malamute named Kenai. She ran away all the time and was a pain so we gave her away. Then we got Jake the flat-coat retriever. He was such a sweet dog, but was old and eventually had to put him down. Then we had another little Keishound dog that was cute but I don't remember his name. Then we got Oreo, who was also a really good dog, but eventually started acting really wierd so we had to give him away too. For the past 5 years, my parents have had Bentley, who is a Shitzu. He is SO cute and we love him. Point to the story- after all these years and all these dogs, I am STILL VERY afraid of dogs- especially big dogs- if I am not familiar with them.

16. I cannot swim very well and will never be able to swim very well. I took swimming lessons as a kid- then somehow forgot how to swim. It's another fear I can't get over. I can do the back stroke and a limited front stroke...that's about it.

17. I would much prefer: - Frozen yogurt over icecream
- Sunshine over snow
- sweet over salty
- black olives over green
- pie over cake (well, that depends)
- driving over flying
- a hug over a 'hi, how are you'?
- jeans over hosiery
- heels over flats

18. My favorite book of the Bible is Psalms. Sing a new song to the Lord!

19. Right now my toenails are a brownish red/orange. They're always painted except for 1 or 2 months each winter when I give them a break. My finger nails are almost always short since I play the piano.

20. And the FINAL FUN FACT and piece of advice: I have learned from observational experience while traveling with Pursuing 7 that if looking for privacy, one should never pick their nose in the car. (and don't say you don't- you'd be surprised the kind of people and vehicles they drive that are 100% guilty of this!) Someone is always watching!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! I had a cat named Blacky too!! And much prefer heels over flats - any day!!!
(and have always wanted to be Audrey Hepburn- just ask Jo)

Loved it!!!

Becky said...

Ang,

You are not alone with the sushi thing. I hate it too. I even had a friend say "Oh, you just didn't have good sushi." So I tried his sushi and guess what...it was just as bad as the sushi I had before. It's disgusting. BLECH! I love your list. It has inspired me to make one of my own. Tomorrow. Tonight, I sleep. I'm exhausted!

Mommy of Four said...

Time for more belly pics. :)

Melinda said...

Okay so I read your list and all I could think is...she is so cute! You remind me so much of my friend Liz Hoyt!

Tanya said...

Hey Ang! I LOVE Diana Berry! PEI was one of our favorite vacation spots as kids. Very fun! Loved the Fun Facts! You're cute!!!!

Jo said...

i really enjoyed these fun facts ang!! thanks for letting us "see" YOU. :)

b.rando said...

i'm sorry, but you can't be fully canadian if you don't like milk in your tea.

Angela said...

Well then I guess I'm not fully Canadian- and you must not be fully "American"!

Elliott Innes said...

I prefer heels too.