The music of my soul...: First snowfalls and fresh starts
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

26 October 2006

First snowfalls and fresh starts


We woke up to our first snow fall this morning! It's so beautiful! After a week and a half of LOTS of stress and emotional mayhem (sigh), I am dancing with joy and thankfulness for today. God has walked me through some rough days over the past couple weeks- emotionally, physically, mentally. It has honestly seemed like the enemy has been trying his ever hardest to knock me down in every direction. In every way he has been attacking me. Even after coming off a low low week, when he realized I was rebounding through faith and strength in my Jesus, he tried to get me physically, and this pregnant momma fell down the stairs in her house (besides Mommy's bruises and sore muscles, both of us are just fine). One thing after another- I tell ya!
BUT...I speak on my blog only to rejoice. Because somehow, coming out of these recent events that left me to feel like my world was knocked off center, my heart is left with praise. I have been refined in the fire. The fire has burned. The fire has charred. The fire has left its ash. The fire was meant to bring harm. But God has used it to bring strength, purity, freedom, and wholeness in many respects to my heart. I know this sounds very vague. The bottom line is that God brought me through some really tough stuff and has released me from some very BIG lies that the enemy has been successfully deceiving me into believing. He has proven Himself, once again, to be bigger than anything. I am grateful for the fire.
So this brings me to today- a Thursday. I woke up, after sleeping in with my husband until 9, refreshed and renewed. I feel a newness in my soul, like the Lord has poured over me barrels of his sweet smelling fresh water to purify the hurt, confusion, and anxiety that has plagued me as of late. I bounded upstairs with a song in my soul, only to look out the window and see another reminder of his love for me. Snow. Pure, white snow. It has covered all the ugliness of leftover fall debris, and has given the land a new start. A new season. He has given me a new season. I'm going to have a baby. I have a most wonderful husband. I have a Lord who is so gentle, patient, and steady. And today is a day off for me. What shall I do? My heart longs to sit with my Savior, so I will. Then I may:
-clean the tub
-scrub the floors
-do some baking!!!
-plant my tulips for spring that I have not been able to plant yet before the ground freezes!
-listen to Christmas music
-sing in the shower
-dance in the mirror
-wear a big bulky sweater
-and rejoice in the Lord's love.
I'm also really tempted to skip American Thanksgiving this year. As much as I LOVE the holiday, I so BADLY want to go ahead and decorate for Christmas! I'm in the mood! And it's only October!!!!
p.s. Only 4 months left of this baby baking. Where is the time going???

10 comments:

b.rando said...

glad you're ok.

love.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart...glad you're okay after your fall...I know how scary that can be when you're pregnant!!! Reminds me of not too long ago when I too had a small spill down the stairs...not fun, but God's protection was on baby and I as it was on you...praise the Lord. And what a beautiful snow! I too am anxious for Christmas!!! I cannot wait to listen to Christmas music and put the tree up....ahhh....'twill be wonderful :-)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture. So glad you are okay and that you've seen His hand so clearly these last few days - it brings joy to my heart that yours is overflowing.

Thanks for sharing....

Also sounds like you are nesting!

Jo said...

oooh! that's a beautiful picture! makes me want to travel to Alaska.

also, you are not allowed to decorate for christmas in october! that's a sin ang! resist the temptation!

Erskine said...

This is awesome, Ang! In a small group a sister in Christ recently referred to the furnace of God's mercy. It's now a line in one of the songs the Lord gave me. You've gone through that furnace of mercy, and you "look" much better without all that dross!

Angela said...

Lynn- furnace of God's mercy! I love that! It describes perfectly my experience. What a wonderful picture.

Jo- Ok. I will wait until Nov. 1st. Just kidding. :-) As badly as I want to, the truth is, I don't think I'm going to have time to decorate soon.

The picture was taken in our backyard last winter. Snow and winter is so beautiful here, b/c there is not much wind and it just lays on the trees. It is a winter wonderland!

Lor & Josh said...

Do you know that the beauty and peace of Christ radiates from your words and strikes a resounding cord in my heart? Your post brought to mind a favorite quote by AB Simpson: "We must be led into difficult and strange places where Christ shall be more to us because of the very extremity of the situation."

The Lord allows the enemy to mess with our lives to a certain extent but when we, as you were, are willing to submit our whole selves to Christ for Him to heal, free, shape, correct, mold, and speak truth God turns what the enemy meant to destory us into the very substance of our praise.

There is a rich yearning for Jesus in your words here Ang and I know the Lord will be faithful to continue to fill your hunger with Himself. The depth of your heart for God is beautifully displayed in this post. Isn't it amazing when He replaces major lies with His TRUTH? He's nearing the end of a similar process in my life currently. Freedom is so near I can smell and taste it and it ushers me to the feet of Christ in praise along with you, fellow Christ follower. May you be blessed abundantly by your God and King tonight and may baby rest warmly and safely in your belly!

Unknown said...

You were born in the south?

Angela said...

Yes, Ma'am!- Seneca, South Carolina- right next to Central, where SWU is. Learned to walk and talk in the south! My Mom's family is from there. My Grandma still lives in Seneca as do several uncles and aunts. We get back every once in a while, but not often enough.

Unknown said...

I never knew that! We are opposites then.
Me: Born in the great white north. Reared in the deep south...

You need to do a fun facts list!!