The music of my soul...: The Latest...
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

09 November 2007

The Latest...




Seriously avoiding the never ending drudgery of school work that FOREVER looms before me,
I thought I would post.
I really don't have anything thought provoking or inspiring to share...atleast I'm just feeling lazy. My mind is tired of thinking...so I'm going to just list...yes...I love lists....

This list will be called,

"What I've done lately besides school work..."

1. I set up our Christmas decorations early this year! Morgan came home one day to find that his little baby had miraculously set up the tree by herself, because surely Mommy wouldn't do something like that without Daddy! It was the highlight of his day. he didn't have to help set up the decorations this year!!! And I amazed myself that I didn't even miss him doing it with me. I enjoyed the element of surprising him. It was fun.
2. I baked a mean beef stew tonight...but the best part was the new Rosemary Biscuit recipe I engineered...I thought it was quite fab.
3. Drink lots and lots of coffee. I'm quite into the Peppermint Mocha creamer flavor this year. You should try it...it's wonderful
4. Enjoyed drives in our new CRV with Danielle. Sometimes...I just gotta get out, and it's SUCH a blessing to be able to do that now that we have TWO vehicles!
5. Totally enjoying our new table that my inlaws bought for us...after having a little breakfast nook table for 5 years, this is SO liberating!
6. Smelling lots of the Brown Sugar & Fig oil fragrance from B&BW that I got in Seattle last month. mmmm.....
7. Praying for patience with frustrating piano students and enjoying the ones who practice.
8. Loving being a mommy...Danielle's first halloween dress up.
9. Having stimulating conversation with my brother.
10. Enjoying times with my small group class and girls s.a. Marissa and Jordan- two lovelies.
And all of this is woven into or done in conjunction with SCHOOL WORK! I'm a slave to the books peoples.

I think I can I think I can I think I can...1 1/2 more years...I can do this!

Here's another list. This one is called, "Top 5 Things I'm looking forward to while I'm seriously procrastinating school work."

5. My husband coming home tonight.
4. Starting my nursing clinicals.
3. A new budget year at church.
2. Going to Atlanta and S. Carolina next week!
1. Getting this school work done so I can actually enjoy vacation with my hubby next week!

And the number one thing that tempts me to be the most anxious...

**Having to be away from Danielle next semester...and the next and the next and the next and the next.**

The end. Back to the books.

9 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

your so cute! Thanks for the update!

Erskine said...

So cute!!!! Yay for piano virtuosos!!!!

You CAN get through these next few semesters! You are fabulous! ...and happen to have the power of the Holy Spirit going before you, backing you up, stirring up within you, surrounding you with His presence, bearing you up from beneath you, giuding you from above, holding your hand as He walks beside you...

Basically you can do all things through Chrst who stengthens you :)

I'm sorry there are no pictures yet, but you can really only do so much to get other people to take pictures of you... We have vacation in Chicago visiting my sister and fam in a couple of weeks... and I will definately have pictures from there.

I love you!

(Natasha)

Mommy of Four said...

Aw:) It's hard to go back to school when you have kids at home. That's been, by far, my biggest struggle. But I just make sure I leave them in good hands, and that I make those hands dial my cell phone number in case of any "first" moments, any funny moments, any scary moments, any bad moments, and really, just ANY moments I would surely want to know about. So far, so good:) And my babies have saved all their "firsts" for when they are at home with me:) How thoughtful of them:) But yes, it's hard to do, but you can do it! You're almost done! And when you start your clinicals, you'll be too busy to remember that she's not with you! I'm jealous you get to start yours already! I have a ways to go, thanks to all my surprise babies showing up at random times, every time I try to start school again! But, alas, this baby is our last "surprise"...I'm making SURE of THAT! :) Good luck with all your schoolwork and piano students:) Looks like Danielle wants to be one of those students, herself!

Mommy Rader said...

Cute. Thanks for the update! And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to set up our Christmas tree and decorations, but I just can't seem to get past the Thanksgiving hump. It's almost an invisible rule or something. Kudos to you for getting past its ridiculousness. I wonder if I should try and do the same???? I SO want to!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the recent photos of Danielle. She is so adorable! I love that she is already learning to play the piano. Where did you find that cute halloween outfit? I loved reading all of your lists. It felt like I got to sit down and visit with you for a bit and hear updates on all that is going on. Good luck with your studies. I know it must be hard to balance everything.

Tell Morgan we said hello. Also, Steve's xbox broke so he won't be able to play Halo for awhile. So sad!

Weavers said...

Angela, I love that first picture of Danielle, she looks so much like you in it...I think it's the big eyes...anyway, very cute :)
Jess

Travis said...

Danielle is so beautiful! i hadn't seen any recent pictures till now...

Heather Durkee said...

Hey ang!

Thanks for your Christmas card. The whole "moving to Australia thing" has kept us focused so were not doing them this year. Danielle is super precious!

Have a great Christmas!

Dena said...

All this time I thought you hadn't posted since your airport frustration post. But I guess it was me who missed. The pics of Danielle are super cute...all of them. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with school work; I completely understand. I have a hard time focusing on much else when babies are calling me. You'll get the hang of it. Merry Christmas!