The music of my soul...: Adventureland
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

09 August 2007

Adventureland

This summer has gone by so fast! I can't believe all that we have done and all that I have wanted to do that I did not get done.
But...we're going to take it out with a bang! I won't be around here very much for the next little while, because this is what we are up to for the rest of August:

-Tonight, Mark, Erin, Silas & John Ezra Benjamin are coming for 10 days to visit! We are looking forward to having fun together catching up and introducing babies to babies! We'll go blueberry picking on the mountain, go to the Alaska zoo, sightsee all around, look for whales, moose, and sheep! And Mark will be speaking at our youth camp next week...
- Youth camp! Next week. We'll be there all week. Morgan works toward this all year round. It is a yearly highlight- a youth camp just for our youth group! Lots of drama, bonding, and God-time. Lots of fun...except for this year I get a cushy cabin and don't have to sleep on a bunkbed...simply because I am not a counselor but a mother, and so Danielle and I will get to just hang around camp with Erin and the boys for a week. It will prove to be much fun, I'm sure!
- Then Danielle and I leave on a jet plane to the mother land. We are going to stay with Brandon and Karen for 10 days in Kingston...and Danielle will get to meet her Great-grandpa, Uncle, Aunt, and cousin Gabe! Plus lots of other uncles and aunts! (or is it the other way around- they will get to meet her!!!) We're looking forward to it...the visit that is...not the plane ride.
- We're going to enjoy the sunshine that we're FINALLY getting and pray it doesn't rain for youth camp. I'm ordering sun for Kingston in 2 weeks.

So we'll talk to you again when we return!
Toodles!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Have fun with the Benjamins! Say hello to them from the Rhynos.

P.S. My word verification is bnakd. LOL

Unknown said...

What a fun summer you've had! Busy and fun all at the same time!
Hope your time with the (sniff) Benjamins (sniff sniff) is (gulp) wonderfulllll!!! We greatly miss them :(

I tried to respond to your last post -Never Enough - but blogger wouldn't allow me to (3 times!) for some reason. Must have been acting up that day. I did want to say just one thing in response to it:
Since I know that music speaks to you and inspires you - listen to "Imagine Me" by Kirk Franklin. It's powerful and will do something to that piece of your soul that never feels enough.