The music of my soul...: In our neck of the woods...
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

30 April 2007

In our neck of the woods...

Latest Happenings:

- Morgan's family was here to visit for a week. We had a great time; it was his sisters' first visit to Alaska. Although- Danielle got more attention than the mountains did of course.


-Danielle was dedicated last Sunday. There is now no doubt she is an angel baby. (wink)


-Danielle is finally starting to love baths, and it's fun!

-Spring is here. The peacocks have returned to the duck pond.



-Danielle loves her new swing that her Nana bought for her...but Mommy maybe loves it more!

-Danielle got her first big set of shots today. I think it was more traumatic for Mommy than baby. She's forgotten; I haven't.

-My baby's cute.

-Vegetable lasagna from Costco makes all other lasagna recipes fail in comparison.

-I went to hear my little brother present a machine he got a University grant to build; it smokes cigarettes to test the impact the smoke has on lung tissue. He's a smarty pants, or as my dad calls it, an 'egghead'. :-)

-Enjoying a new Lemon garlic hummus as my latest most popular snack.

-Wishing I craved milk again like I did when I was pregnant. Now I'm back to choking it down.

-Danielle slept 6 hours in a row last night!!! Mommy was very excited, but not too hopeful that it will repeat itself tonight. I know better.

-Spiders are back. Goo.

-Planning our summer vacations now. Yay!

-Going to bed now. Bye.

9 comments:

Dena said...

Ahh, she is a cutie. And you look really great, sure lost that baby weight in a hurry! Congrats on the six hours of sleep, even if it does turn out to be short-lived. Did you wake up in a panic and rush to she her when you realized how long she had been sleeping? I hear it's pretty common. Lemon garlic hummus: eww, eww! Veggie lasagna: yum! And yes, the shots are almost always worse for the parents than they are for the baby, until they get older anyway.

Mommy of Four said...

I am newly addicted to hummus and celery sticks...ever tried spicy cilantro hummus? Mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! My new favorite. And YAY for 6 hours!! Wonderful, isn't it?? The pictures are PRECIOUS, I love love LOVE the first one! And holy COW! I almost didn't recognize Tammy!! She looks VERY elated, too:) A proud auntie, I take it? :) And veggie lasagna is one of my favorite dishes. Too bad the hubby hates it:( Giving your child shots never gets easier. Jadon's almost three and I STILL hate it. And boo to spiders. Ours are back, too. I check my bedsheets every night before I get in. And my shoes. And my bath towel. And my bathmat before I stand on it. Gross.

Richards' said...

Cute list... Nice to read things are going well!

Unknown said...

I enlarged that first picture to see that adorable grin Danielle has!! What a perfect family shot of all of you!

Peacocks would be so fun to see up close!! None in our neck of the woods - except maybe at the zoo.

Our baby swing was worth every penny of the 60.00 we didn't have to buy it with!! Mya used to love to swing with it cranked up on high - she would just fly...I remember being very thankful to the person who every came up with such a wonderful contraption!!

Shots are NEVER fun..at any stage...so sad. Wait until you have to help 'contain' her while she claws at your face frantic to get away from that needle - argh...I'm almost crying right now...

Ahhhh...summer vacation....saweet!

Every tried chicken lasagna?? I think you'd like it!

Mommy of Four said...

oooohhh....Kristi, CHICKEN lasagna????? Do send a recipe!!

Unknown said...

Okeedokee

Angela said...

Dena- thanks, but the weight is still there...it must be hidden in the picture. I'm trying to be patient. ;-/
Kayla- celery sticks w/ hummus...I will try that! I've never tried spicy cilantro- sounds good!
Danielle has slept with me for the past 2 nights and has still slept 6 hours in a row, but she sleeps longer with me b/c I'm right beside her to pop the paci back in her mouth if she wakes up. She starting to find her hand now, so I'm hoping self-soothign is coming soon. Tonight we'll try the crib again and see if she still wakes up at her usual 2 times.
Kristi- chicken lasagna does sound deliche! I did a Swiss halibut one last summer that was very good but not great for someone counting calories. The image you painted of future shots definitely does NOT give me something tolook forward to. Oh my, such things are not fun.

mw said...

loving the pics. laughing at the comments. and hoping your alaska summer is grand.

tell your hubby his blog needs updating!

Nicole said...

It is so neat to see you and your baby. I feel like I understand everything your post because I'm right in the same phase of life that you are. First baby! What a joy. Tough, but a joy! Thinks for sharing your life!